The Local Area: Wooler

Holy Island

Also known by its Celtic name as Lindisfarne, Holy Island is accessible only at low tide, twice daily, by a three mile long causeway, built in 1954.

Holy Island was one of the principle centres of Christianity during the Dark Ages and was given to St Aidan in AD635 by the King of Northumbria.

http://www.holyisle.org/

luxury self-catering accommodation, Wooler, Northumberland, The Warehouse Akeld